Artist StatementFor as long as she can remember, Teresa Graham has been amazed at the magic of the creative process — especially losing track of time as she tries to capture the beauty of nature, and the supercharged feeling of finishing a piece. Her work has been juried into art shows in Florida, and she has completed commissioned paintings and murals for a variety of organizations as well as private clients. Teresa also knows the power of creativity to heal and inspire, and that has been the intention behind her very rewarding work on the board of Art With a Heart in Healthcare.
Teresa Graham studied music and art at Yale University, and graduated with a degree in English. She was surrounded by creativity during her career as a book editor at Workman Publishing, Reader’s Digest for Kids, and Time-Life Books, where her work involved hiring artists, writers, and photographers, and managing their work on cookbooks, children’s books, non-fiction books, and calendars. While caring for her busy family, she worked as a freelance editor, writer, and artist, and also completed a Graduate Certificate in Arts Administration from the University of Connecticut.
Shows & Awards
- 2021: Cultural Center of Ponte Vedra, Juried Member Art Show
- 2021: Word Revolt Fine Art Gallery, Sustainable Earth Juried Art Show
- 2020: Light Space Time Gallery Botanicals Art Competition — chosen from 844 entries from 29 countries for special recognition
- 2020: Juried Art Show, The Cultural Center at Ponte Vedra Beach — Third Place from 191 entries
- 2016: Juried Art Show, Jacksonville Coalition for the Visual Arts, Brookdale Cypress Village Art Gallery
- 2014: Juried Art Show, St. Augustine Art Association
- 2013: Juried Art Show, Jacksonville Coalition for the Visual Arts, Florida State College at Jacksonville, South Gallery
- 2012: Juried Art Show, Jacksonville Coalition for the Visual Arts
- Art with a Heart in Healthcare, Wolfson Children’s Hospital
AWAHIH provides personalized fine art experiences that enhance the healing process for patients and their families.